To see court assignments please visit the Amenity Reservations Calendar.
Spring Creek Oaks has 3 locations with tennis courts and pickleball courts:
- Clubhouse 2 (Bur Oak at TC Jester) has 6 tennis courts,
- Kuehnle Courts (Winding Ridge and Fellowship Lane) has 4 tennis courts
- Clubhouse 1 (Misty Creek) has 1 tennis court with a backboard and 2 pickleball courts.
These tennis courts are operated and maintained using funds collected and allocated by SCOCIA. The Tennis Committee operates and maintains the courts as a standing committee of the SCOCIA Board.
The tennis courts are available for SCO residents and their accompanied guests daily until 11pm. SCO tennis courts are used primarily on a walk on basis but can be reserved for league play and practice. To gain access to the courts, residents must submit a deposit to receive a gate key from the tennis committee member in charge of keys as the gates are to be locked at all times. Currently, the deposit is $10 and must be paid by personal check made out to SCOCIA.
Tennis Committee contacts:
- Co-chairs: Amy Schlottman and Susan Mason email@example.com
- Tennis gate key: Susie Nacewski (713-806-5052) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Court Scheduler: Amy Schlottman email@example.com
- Men’s Coordinator: Frank Vross firstname.lastname@example.org
Tennis Court Rules and Guidelines for League Play can be found on the website under Rules and Regulations.
- Men play league at night. The league is North Suburban Tennis League of Houston (http://www.nhml.tenniscores.com)
- Tuesday is the B+D level – We have one B team.
- Wednesday is the A level
- Thursday is the C level – We have one C team.
- Monday day league is HLTA. The website is hlta.tenniscores.com. Currently SCO fields two teams: A-3 North and B-2 North.
- Monday night league is NHTA. The website is nhta.tenniscores.com. We have one A-2 team.
- The Northwest tennis league website is www.nwtl.tenniscores.com. We have two teams that play on Thursday at the Champ and A-1 levels. We have a team that plays on Wednesday (A-2).
- The Friday day league is the Texas Jackrabbit League. The website is texasjackrabbitleague.com. Currently we have three teams and they are; Open 2, A-3, and B-3.
Currently SCO has no YTA team, and the Coordinator position is open. The youth teams compete after school in the fall and spring. YTA has both beginner and intermediate youth play. The website is www.nwyta.org.
One of the other tennis leagues in our area is USTA for men, women, mixed, and kids. The website is www.USTA.com. In some summer months, we have had ladies USTA teams.
Currently, we do not have any pickleball league teams in SCO as the courts were just finished in January of 2020. If anyone is interested in starting a team, please contact email@example.com,
If you are interested in joining a SCO team, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will give you the appropriate information. If you want to start a new team in SCO, contact the court scheduler at email@example.com for “how to” information.
In-House Tennis Pro
Danny Cardenas’ Drill Schedule
- 5-6 pm High School Drill, $15
- 6-7 pm Orange Ball Drill (ages 6-11), $15
- 8:30-10 am Advanced Ladies Drill (+4.0), $20
- 7-8 am Cardio Tennis, $15
- 5-6 pm Junior High Drill, $15
- 6-7 pm Beginner/Intermediate Ladies Drill, $15
All drills will be held at Kuehnle Courts 3 and 4. No reservations necessary. Danny accepts cash (exact change please), Venmo, Pay Pal, and personal checks. Guests of residents pay an additional $5.
Danny offers private lessons at the cost of $50 per hour for up to 4 people and racquet stringing. Please contact him directly at 254-749-9569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Danny is offering introductory discounts of $5 off for drills and $10 off for private lessons until June 26.
Danny grew up in South Texas playing tennis. He has been teaching tennis for over 15 years. He attended Baylor University and was a part of the Men’s tennis and big twelve championship teams as well as the national championship team and worked Baylor Tennis camps as well as Malibu tennis camps out in California for over 11 years. Danny was a tennis pro at Cimmarron Country Club in Mission, Texas for 2 years before moving back to Waco where he became Director of Tennis a Waco regional tennis center. He is USPTA tennis pro certified and has been tournament director for multiple USTA sanctioned tournaments and has been instructing at Copperfield Racquet and Health Club for the last 3 years. Danny has worked with all ages and worked with all levels from small children, beginning to pro level tennis. Danny enjoys camping, movies, and spending time with friends and family. Whether you want to come out and just have fun or challenge yourself to play at the next level, Danny will be your guy!