SCOCIA Events Coordinator
SCOCIA is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a new paid position (part-time) in SCO. The Events Coordinator will be directly responsible for developing, planning and implementing community-wide events for all age groups throughout the year. These activities will include, and are not limited to, Breakfast with Santa, 4th of July Firework Show, Easter Egg Hunt, Fall festival (Halloween) and (1) 55+ event.
- Must be an SCO resident
- Coordinate a minimum of 8 events in SCO (which include those listed above)
- Available event weekends/evenings acting as key contact to ensure success of event.
- Ideally a creative, self-starter that is open-minded and willing to tackle “other duties as assigned”
- Must attend monthly meetings and report on planning/budgeting (6-10/year)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to coordinate and communicate closely with SCOCIA, volunteers and committee heads (clubhouses, pools, tennis, baseball, soccer) in planning events
- Compensation will be determined based on qualifications.
- Overall budget is a work-in-progress, but has been established for Children’s Committee, fireworks and Christmas Décor & Lighting.
- Additional budgeting/proposed expenditures must be presented to the board 2-3 months prior to any planned event for approval.
- Budget for following year is due October of prior year (ex. 2023 budget is due 10/22).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Laura Junek at President@springcreekoaks.org.